“I believe that people make their own luck by great preparation and good strategy.”
– Jack CanfieldMarketing is fun for some and frustrating for many, but in the early stages a little bit can go a long way. Setting up a Facebook page for your field service business is an easy way to increase transparency and communication with customers and potential leads. Here are 4 tips to help you get the most out of your company’s Facebook page:
1. Find a tool to help you schedule and automate postsAs a business owner or admin, your life gets pretty hectic, and posting to Facebook might not always be top of mind. Instead of taking the time out of your daily schedule, find a system to help schedule and post for you to optimize your time.
There are several free options out there to get you started. Hootsuite and Buffer offer free plans for individuals looking to link one account per platform (they also integrate with Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest). Like any other software solution for your business, it’s best to try out a few different accounts and pick the one with features that best align with your needs.
2. Find the Cultivation Strategy That Works Best for Your PageA recent study done by the Public Relations Society of America found six different “cultivation” strategies that Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits used to grow their Facebook audiences. The top 3 strategies overall were openness, access and positivity. Not all of these strategies work for everyone, so finding the right mix and identifying what works and (more importantly) what doesn’t work, is crucial to the success of your page. – Sharing internal affairs with fans and customers Example: Posting updates about office events such as Office Olympics, Employee of the Month or a volunteer project your team took on. Here at mHelpDesk, we’ve had success with a campaign called “Humans of mHelpDesk,” where we showcase some of our team members.
ACCESS – Allowing customers and fans to get in touch with you via your Facebook page and responding quickly Example: Utilizing the Call Now and Book Now Call to Action Buttons on your page POSITIVITY – Making the experience warm and enjoyable for followers Example: Regular posts that make customers feel good like an inspirational quote or a funny industry related meme like this post from DC Plumbing & Heating:
What’s a Plumbers favorite shoes?
Clogs!ASSURANCES – Showing that customer concerns are important to the company Example: Interacting with unhappy customers who leave negative reviews or comments to get issues resolved in a professional and positive manner or showing an employee completing a job or resolving an issue with a concerned customer NETWORKING – Making meaningful interactions with customers and fans Example: Reaching out to potential customers by liking their Facebook Business Page or sharing and commenting on one of their posts SHARING OF TASKS – Collaborating with followers on tasks of mutual interest Example: Prompting your followers to meet you at a trade show
3. Share Articles from Top Brands That Align With Your MissionEvery marketing professional will tell you that sharing influencer content is one of the quickest ways to boost your following and to potentially get your name or brand seen by key players in your industry.
Influencer: a person or group that has the ability to sway the opinions and actions of othersMake an effort to share posts from other organizations with similar interests, both large and small who are not your direct competitors. As an HVAC company, it’s not a bad idea to befriend another home services company in your area to increase your visibility without having to worry about competing for leads.
4. Test Out Facebook BoostsThe paid side of Facebook is both glorious and grueling, but when you’re first starting out, it’s as easy as clicking a button. Many businesses find success in Facebook marketing, but we recommend doing some trial runs so you can measure the effectiveness of this kind of marketing for your business.
Step 1: Log in to your Facebook account and go to your company’s page. Step 2: Click Insights on the navigation tool bar at the top of the page. Step 3: Scroll down until you see “All Posts Published” Step 4: Boost the post with the highest reach. Note: The post with the highest reach has the potential to reach the most people. This is an easy way to increase your odds and make the most out of your investment.