User Experience (UX) Designer
Engineering | Merrifield, VA
Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you!
mHelpDesk is changing the way home service providers manage their business. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. Like any great company, our success is built around a great team. We’re seeking an experienced, energetic User Experience (UX) Designer – someone who understands that a great user experience leads to better brand recognition and repeat customers, and whose passion for creating user-centered products comes through in everything they design. This is your chance to impact how our service providers interact with our software tools every single day.
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://facebook.com/mhelpdesk
Our UX Designer will:
- Understand best practices of wireframing and prototyping AND will possess 2 years of experience in a professional setting.
- Collaborate with business partners, graphic designers and developers to formulate, establish, and annotate the navigation, functionality, organizational structure and page-to-page flows of our user experience, and communicate designs through fully documented wireframes and prototypes.
- Conduct user research, including concept testing and usability testing, conduct stakeholder interviews, and lead competitive analysis discussions.
- Stay abreast of advances in user interface (both technical and experiential) and look for ways to appropriately integrate these advances into mHelpDesk products.
- Express user experience best practices across the company, and mentor colleagues and staff on best-in-class usability concepts.
- Prioritize and manage work to meet critical project timelines in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Serve as the primary point of contact responsible for driving major UX projects from conception to implementation, and deliver projects on time and within budget, exceeding expectations at every possible opportunity.
- Love our team mascot Stu who frequents the office!
[box]mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch
, Tech Crunch
, Washington Business Journal
, and The Boston Globe
. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com
[box]You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.[/box]
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to jobs@mHelpDesk.com with subject line: “mHelpDesk Careers: UX/UI Designer”.
Last Updated By: Rochelle Sanchirico
Workflow Management Solutions