Development | DC Metro
Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you! mHelpDesk is changing the way home service providers manage their business. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for a highly motivated, energetic, flexible, organized, and detail oriented DevOps Engineer to join our amazing team.
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://facebook.com/mhelpdesk
– Have a rapidly growing footprint on AWS
– Love automation and believe in automating and codifying as much as possible
– Are proficient in AWS cloud infrastructure
– Run service securely, reliably, and within budget
– Responsible for managing our deployment to achieve high marks
– Develop and improve tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of web services on AWS cloud
– Manage deployments to test and production environments
– Publish mobile apps to iTunes and the Google Play Store
– Work with development team to harden, enhance, document, establish process and improve operability and supportability of our systems
– Assist in configuration and buildout of new deployments to facilitate growth
– Monitor the health and performance of the systems and applications using tools like Nagios and AppDynamics
– Troubleshoot and resolve live production issues by analyzing logs from different sources
– Develop software processes for better utilization of underlying cloud resources
What it takes to work here:
– At least 2+ years of DevOps experience: preferably 5(+) years
– AWS System Administration, Identity and Access Management, and Network Administration
– Administration, configuration, and scripting for automated deployment and configuration tools like Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Cloudformation, etc.
– Strong scripting skills and a programming background
– Strong system administration background (backups, disaster recovery, patching etc.) for Windows based systems (Server, IIS, SQL Server)
– Ability to evaluate logs, error messages, stack traces, etc. to quickly identify and troubleshoot problems
– SQL proficiency
– SQL Server DBA experience
– Jenkins (or similar), Octopus (or similar) and Gitlab (or similar) administration
– AWS Architecture (Design for resilience, security, scaling, cost management, etc.)
– AppDynamics performance monitoring experience
– ELK logging/analysis experience
– Linux sysadmin
– Health & Dental
– Paid holidays & vacation
– Your colleagues are a mix of seasoned pros and fired-up rookies
– Casual dress code
– Direct collaboration between you, development teams, reporting teams and business stakeholders
– Wide variety of opportunities for growth
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch, Tech Crunch, Washington Business Journal, and The Boston Globe. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: “mHelpDesk Careers: DevOps Engineer”.
Last Updated By: Rochelle Sanchirico
Workflow Management Solutions