Director of Engineering
Director of Engineer
Development | DC Metro
Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you!
mHelpDesk is changing the way home service providers manage their business. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for a Director of Engineering who will work closely with the CTO to manage all engineering activities including evolving the engineering strategy, execution, and delivery of product for mHelpDesk. The ideal candidate will have experience and a passion for SaaS, as well as have a working knowledge of MS SQL/C#/AWS/IIS . The Director of Engineering will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of all on-shore and off-shore engineers and QA staff.
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://facebook.com/mhelpdesk
– Lead the company’s day-to-day software engineering strategic and operational efforts
– Oversee both internal and externally resourced engineering projects
– Along with the CTO, act as a key member of the Executive team that sets the company’s strategic plans
– Coordinate with the product team on strategic product planning for engineering deliverables
– Prioritize and manage engineering efforts against company goals
– Hire and direct a talented team focused on shipping great software
– Foster a culture that encourages flexibility, openness and future focus
– Manage a functional budget
– Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the Engineering team
– Promote the growth and evolution of engineering team members, mentoring team members to maximize their abilities
– Prioritize activities and available resources (including risk mitigation) to meet the needs of our team and organization
– Collaborate across the organization to support company initiatives, as well as client needs
– Evolve KPIs to communicate areas of success and improvements
– BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience is required.
– 7+ years of engineering management with demonstrated success managing a distributed team
– Experience as a Director in previous employment history
– Passion for our software and ability to collaborate within and across teams
– Deep experience with: agile development processes and tools, continuous delivery, dev ops and automation tools, servers, networks, storage, people management, C#, ASP.NET, MS SQL, IIS, and AWS
– Demonstrated architecture of large scale and complex infrastructure and software systems
– Excited by organizational planning and process improvement, with a passion for raising the bar with team, products and company alike
– Excellent project and resource management skills
– Ability to mentor junior engineers as well as engage and motivate senior engineers
– Passionate about shipping code, bias toward action
– Ability to shift an organization to adopt new and emerging technologies while meeting existing commitments
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Health & Dental
– Paid holidays & vacation
– Your colleagues are a mix of seasoned pros and fired-up rookies
– Casual dress code
– Direct collaboration between you, development teams, reporting teams and business stakeholders
– Wide variety of opportunities for growth
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch
, Tech Crunch
, Washington Business Journal
, and The Boston Globe
. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “mHelpDesk Careers: Director of Engineering”.