Manager of FP&A
Manager of FP&A
Marketing | DC Metro
Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you!
We know you’re looking for more than just a job, you’re looking for a career. Here’s your chance to launch that career and work for one of the best startups in the DC Metro area which is in rocket-ship mode. Get an inside glimpse of our fun and motivating environment by being a part of it. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for someone who is action-oriented and has a passion for numbers, modeling, and identifying key strategic opportunities.
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://facebook.com/mhelpdesk
– Manage and update the main P&L model on a monthly basis – update the monthly variance to forecast analysis
– Manage cash-flow model and partner with business leaders to update the forecast
– Develop and prepare quarterly and monthly financial reports and assist in quarterly business review preparations
– Calculate sales commissions for payroll purposes and assist in developing future compensation plans
– Develop models to forecast and report on financials and key business drivers
– Assist in the development of annual budgets and manage monthly variance documentation as well as forecast with department heads
– Monitor performance metrics, surfacing trends, and perform research and analysis to understand influencing factors
– Utilize Excel expertise to analyze data and present results effectively
– Partner with business department heads to communicate results and drive-to-action of analysis
– Use SQL and database expertise to ensure integrity of data
– 3+ years experience in a financial analysis role, working for a company, with less than 500 employees
– BS required in Accounting or Finance; MBA a plus
– Expert with Excel financial modeling and database experience/understanding of database structure. SQL experience a plus
– Extremely detail oriented; highly focused on presentation and consistency.
– Ability to extract insight from data, and translate the analysis into actionable ideas
– Action oriented; understand, collaborate, and communicate complex business ideas with different individuals across the organization
– Ability to multi-task in high pressure environments and still meet deadlines and turnaround requests
– Health & Dental
– Paid holidays & vacation
– Your colleagues are a mix of seasoned pros and fired-up rookies
– Casual dress code
– Direct collaboration between you and people at all levels of the company, across all departments
– Wide variety of opportunities for growth
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch
, Tech Crunch
, Washington Business Journal
, and The Boston Globe
. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “mHelpDesk Careers: Manager of FP&A”
Last Updated By: Rochelle Sanchirico
Workflow Management Solutions