Head of Business Development
Head of Business Development
Sales | Merrifield, VA
The head of Business Development is an all-star who knows how to build relationships and close deals. As the head of BD, you will be responsible for initiating, managing, and growing strategic partnerships for the industry leader in the red-hot area of mobile service management. You will play a critical role in shaping the BD function at mHelpDesk by building and managing a C-level sales funnel and reporting activity to senior management, shaping an on-boarding process for clients, and establishing best practices for training and support at the corporate level, ultimately formalizing how this critical department contributes to the business over time. This is a unique opportunity to own the BD function at our company and initiate new, high-impact deals with large national and regional companies such as Fortune 500 Manufacturers, industry and trade associations, national accounts and marquee franchise businesses.
So what makes you successful? You should be strategic and client-focused with your mind set on growing the business. You should be equal parts aggressive and polished while never letting your foot off the gas – being self-moticated to meet and exceed your goals should be innate. And it takes a team. You’ll be working with Marketing, Technology, Legal, Product and Finance team to negotiate, execute and fulfill large scale deals that have a big impact on the business. We have huge ambitions for mHelpDesk and the Head of Business Development will be an integral part of making this happen.
What you will be doing:
What it takes to work here:
- Own Business Development Function End-to-End – Along with senior management, help create the BD strategy for mHelpDesk. Identify, approach, secure meetings with, develop, negotiate and close revenue-generating opportunities.
- Represent mHelpDesk in meetings with C-level executives and at key industry events.
- Collaborate with different departments within mHelpDesk to create, implement, and grow strategic partnership.
- Up to 20% travel
- 5+ years business development experience with direct responsibility for deal creation and closure with CP/C-level decision-makers. Proven track record of closing high-impact, revenue-generating deals.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated abilities to set and execute against aggressive goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail, self-starter ,and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven leadership abilities when coordinating interdepartmental resources.
- Experience with SaaS and/or working with large franchise systems, manufacturer networks or channel sales programs a plus.
- Strong Excel & PowerPoing skills.
- BS/BA degree required, MBA preferred
[box]mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch
, Tech Crunch
, Washington Business Journal
, and The Boston Globe
. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com
[box]You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.[/box]
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: “mHelpDesk Careers: Head of Business Development”.