Engineering | DC Metro
Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you! mHelpDesk is changing the way home service providers manage their business. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for a highly motivated, creative, energetic, flexible, organized, and detail oriented iOS Developer to join our amazing team.
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://www.facebook.com/mhelpdesk
mHelpDesk is not your typical company; it’s on a mission. If you’re creative, analytical, fearless in tackling big problems, and can demonstrate quality iOS mobile app development, then you’ve earned yourself an interview with our team. The mHelpDesk team is looking for a passionate iOS engineer that appreciates building elegant products. In addition to excellent skills in software design and programming, you will have experience developing apps that users love. If you are passionate about innovative, lighting fast, and user-centric apps, then we want to hear from you!
– Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
– Evangelize best practices around building mobile applications
– Optimize UI and application code for efficiency, reusability and performance; make apps work intuitively without compromising on simplicity
– Participate in design and code reviews
– Continue to discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
– Have 3+ years of proven professional experience in iOS and software development
– Experience with Objective-C and Swift
– Have a solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle and technologies
– Know what it takes to ship and appreciate the importance of time to market
– Write code with the end user in mind and appreciate how getting the details right leads to a great user experience
– Live and breathe iOS-native mobile applications
– Are a “people-person” who enjoys the team sport of building mobile software
What it takes to work here:
– Experience developing an app commercially which is publically available in app stores
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
– A strong working knowledge of building applications with Swift
– Building complex applications for iOS using ObjectiveC/C++ with Cocoa and other frameworks
– A knowledge of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines that borders on expertise
– Experience with multithreading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
– Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
– Health & Dental
– Paid holidays & vacation
– Your colleagues are a mix of seasoned pros and fired-up rookies
– Casual dress code
– Direct collaboration between you and people at all levels of the company, across all departments
– Wide variety of opportunities for growth
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch
, Tech Crunch
, Washington Business Journal
, and The Boston Globe
. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: “mHelpDesk Careers: iOS Developer”
Last Updated By: Joe Erfe
Workflow Management Solutions