Development | DC Metro
Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you!
mHelpDesk is changing the way home service providers manage their business. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. As an mHelpDesk Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of multiple simultaneous deployment and post-deployment releases, creating corresponding project plans, and organizing resources across different functions according to business priorities. You will work in a dynamic environment with frequently changing priorities, schedule and scope boundaries, and limited resources. If you enjoy finding non-standard solutions to critical project situations, this job is for you!
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://facebook.com/mhelpdesk
– Manage portfolio of assigned deployment projects, forecast resource needs, coordinate long term plans to achieve most optimal alignment
– Work with Director of Product to initiate project plans for new deployments, determine resource needs, and identify critical dependencies and risks
– Work with Director of Engineering to plan and obtain resources necessary for implementation of the deployment
– Ensure comprehensive review of the business requirements with Engineering. Plan, manage, and track all additional deliverables identified during the planning phase
– Organize day to day tracking of deployment activities, manage risks and dependencies, eliminate blockers, and manage and communicate changes in scope and schedule
– Own and maintain deployment project infrastructure using existing tools providing all necessary metrics for reporting and status updates
– Work with VP of Marketing on the deployment rollout plan and be responsible for all critical deliverables from Engineering, Product and Operations organizations
– After the initial deployment, work with the Operations team to establish pipeline of post-deployment activities
– Participate in organizing software upgrades and critical issues resolution in customer deployments
– Minimum 5-7 years of project management experience with 3-5 years managing SaaS projects
– Must have Project management certification (PMP and/or CSM preferred).
– Knowledge of IT service delivery lifecycle
– Strong knowledge of and experience with Agile methodologies and scrum
– Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively in a high-volume, fast-paced environment with multiple constraints and under high levels of stress
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent organizational and time management skills
– Knowledge of the Atlassian Productivity Suite (Jira, Confluence), familiarity with its advanced features and ability to customize it for most efficient use in deployment projects
– Expert knowledge of productivity tools (Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Power Point) required
– Must have good interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with co-workers within and across departments, time zones and cultures
– Health & Dental
– Paid holidays & vacation
– Your colleagues are a mix of seasoned pros and fired-up rookies
– Casual dress code
– Direct collaboration between you, development teams, reporting teams and business stakeholders
– Wide variety of opportunities for growth
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch
, Tech Crunch
, Washington Business Journal
, and The Boston Globe
. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “mHelpDesk Careers: Project Manager”.