Quality Assurance Engineer
Development | DC Metro
Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you! mHelpDesk is changing the way home service providers manage their business. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for a highly motivated, energetic, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Quality Assurance Engineer to join our amazing team.
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://facebook.com/mhelpdesk
– Can test mobile and web based products
– Are a self-starter, a team player, and can manage your own time
– Have worked in and released products in an Agile environment
– Are familiar with object oriented and UI design documentation
– Are comfortable with reading, writing, and debugging SQL queries; not required
– Collaborate with Product and Development Teams to analyze and understand application requirements, identifying potential gaps, and validate acceptance criteria
– Execute test cases, analyze results, and report on expected versus actual behavior
– Design test cases for business functionality that can be run as manual tests or implemented as automated tests
– Experience with regression test cases
– Provide status updates and feedback to your manager and contribute to maintaining QA documentation, tools, policies, plans
What it takes to work here:
– Minimum 2 years+ of experience testing web based and mobile applications
– Experience troubleshooting and/or manual testing in client/server and browser-based environment
– Must have solid foundation with test automation concepts and methods including and understanding black box testing
– Experience with test automation in one of the following: QTP, LoadRunner, Jmeter, Selenium, or Watir
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Prefer experience using Jira or similar issue tracking tools.
– Prefer experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
– Prefer database skills with hands on SQL query writing, SQL scripting and back end validation, but not required
– Health & Dental
– Paid holidays & vacation
– Your colleagues are a mix of seasoned pros and fired-up rookies
– Casual dress code
– Direct collaboration between you, development teams, reporting teams and business stakeholders
– Wide variety of opportunities for growth
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch, Tech Crunch, Washington Business Journal, and The Boston Globe. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “mHelpDesk Careers: Quality Assurance Engineer”.