Setting the stageTo illustrate Auto-Update Rules, I’m going to use XYZ Company as an example. Let’s assume the following facts.
- XYZ Company provides support for a client named USA Sports Travel
- Teri is a technician for XYZ Company
- Teri is assigned to take care of all service requests made by USA Sports Travel.
Creating a new Auto-Update RuleTo create a new Auto-Update Rule to handle the above scenario:
- Navigate to Settings > Automation > Auto Update Rules
- Click the Add Rule button
- Under “When these conditions are met” Enter the Customer Name
- Under “Automatically do this” select the user under Assign to
- Enter a Rule Name
- Click Save