Senior Software Developer
Development | DC Metro
Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you!
mHelpDesk is changing the way home service providers manage their business. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for a highly motivated, energetic, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Full Stack Developer with a splash of Mobile to join our amazing team.
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://facebook.com/mhelpdesk
– Have the competitive spirit needed to help us extend our industry lead in cloud-based field-service-management software
– Consider the customer experience in all of your work
– Embrace accountability for the entire customer solution, not just some assigned tickets
– Are well-versed in clean coding, automated test and agile practices
– Keep up with the latest developments in framework, development and deployment tools
– Enjoy solving complex problems, and have a strong bias toward action
– Enjoy collaborating with, learning from and teaching others
– Have strong communication skills
– Have the personality to thrive in a startup environment
– Contribute to architecture, design, coding and refactoring projects
– Partner with our Product Management and Quality teams to deploy high-quality customer solutions on a frequent basis
– Integrate 3rd-party tools and services into the mHelpDesk ecosystem
– Enhance the mHelpDesk API used for mobile apps and partner integrations
– Master – then help us improve – our development, test and deployment tools & processes
What it takes to work here
– 5+ years experience designing, developing and deploying web-based Software-as-a-Service applications using C# (preferred) or Java
– Strong SQL skills (ability to write optimized stored procedures and functions)
– Ability to learn new APIs quickly (e.g. Google, Credit Card Processing, Twilio, etc.)
– Experience scaling and tuning large web applications is a plus
– Expertise in test automation, application security, ElasticSearch or billing systems is a plus
– Expertise in Windows, SQL Server, AWS, GitLab or Jenkins administration is a plus
– Web-based (HTML5) and/or native iOS/Android development experience is a plus
– Love of our team mascot Stu who frequents the office!
– Health & Dental
– Paid holidays & vacation
– Your colleagues are a mix of seasoned pros and fired-up rookies
– Casual dress code
– Direct collaboration between you, development teams, reporting teams and business stakeholders
– Wide variety of opportunities for growth
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch
, Tech Crunch
, Washington Business Journal
, and The Boston Globe
. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: “mHelpDesk Careers: Senior Software Developer”.