Engineering | Merrifield, VA
Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you!
mHelpDesk is changing the way home service providers manage their business. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for a highly motivated, energetic, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Systems Administrator to join our engineering team.
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://facebook.com/mhelpdesk
– Design, implement, and maintain testing and production network, server, and storage infrastruction AWS using a Microsoft technology stack
– Maintain technical infrastructure hardware, operating platform and application upgrades.
– Assisting technical and business teams in design, implementation, and maintenance of their projects.
– Maintain documentation and testing our redundancy and disaster recovery procedures.
– Analyze and monitor our infrastructure to discover opportunities to improve reliability, resiliency or performance.
– Recommend and implement additions or changes to our infrastructure to improve reliability, resiliency or performance.
– Design, implement, and maintain mHelpDesk headquarter network infrastructure including wired network, wireless and staff workstations. Provide technical support for existing workstations and be responsible for new new ones.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
– At least 2 years professional experience as a Systems Administrator
– Demonstrable experience performing as the lead on upgrading a production Microsoft SQL Server system from one major revision to another
– Strong operational knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
– Experience with AWS
– Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving and communication skills
What it takes to be successful
– We operate in a fast-paced, startup environment. Looking for a strong self-starter with minimal supervision
– Ability to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
– Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively express concepts and plans
– Work in a team environment
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch
, Tech Crunch
, Washington Business Journal
, and The Boston Globe
. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: “mHelpDesk Careers: Systems Administrator”.