Text messages have a 99% open rate,
versus a 20% open rate for email.If you’re not already texting your customers, you could be doing yourself (and your customers) a disservice. Running an HVAC business can be chaotic at times, which is why thousands of businesses across the country are utilizing HVAC software to help them manage all of the moving parts. Market Research Associate Justin Guinn from Software Advice, a site that helps match HVAC businesses with the right software, has categorized text messaging as one of the top 3 features you need for your HVAC business.
Justin Guinn, Market Research Associate, Software Advice
“64% of customers won’t rehire an HVAC company that’s late to an appointment
73% of customers are more likely to rehire a tardy service company if they receive a notification.”One of the easiest ways to let a customer know you’re running late (and increase the chance that they will actually see it) is to text them. Something as simple as this can go a long way: We seem to be running late. It looks like we’ll be at your office/home 30 mins later than scheduled. If you need to reschedule, please call <our phone number>. Sorry for the inconvenience!
So why is text messaging in the top 3, beating out invoicing, work order management and estimates?Here are the statistics to back it up:
1) 97% of Americans use a text messaging app at least once a day
2) 23 billion text messages are sent per day (16 million per minute)
3) Text messages have a 99% open rate, while email has a 20% open rate
4) Text messages are read on average in under 5 seconds
5) 55% of heavy text message users (50+ texts per day) say they would prefer to receive a text over a phone call
6) 80% of people are currently using texting for business
7) Sales prospects who are sent text messages convert at a rate of 40% higher than those who are not sent any text messages
8) 75% of people would like to have offers sent to them via text
9) 64% of consumers are likely to have a positive perception of a company that offers texting as a service channel
Considering some people treat their phone like an extension of their arm, these statistics are pretty easy to fathom. As a small business, texting your customers can give you an edge and show that you know what your customers want. Texting gives your customers another channel to reach you while almost guaranteeing that your message will be opened and read quickly.